Family & Consumer Sciences Major (B.S.)
The Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) program seeks to strengthen the individual, institution of family and communities through the dissemination of biblical knowledge and the education of professionals. This program includes family and child development, clothing, interiors, consumer economics, and event planning.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Create a professional portfolio in Family and Consumer Sciences that reflects application of identified concepts in foods, clothing, and family and child development.
- Successfully complete an internship that applies acquired skills, practices positive employment relationships, and articulates Christian worldview in professional situations.
- Apply multi-faceted professional skills to hypothesized or real-life situations.
Event Planning Concentration
- The student will be able to apply skills in planning, design, and management in order to execute various types of events.
Professional & Creative Industries Concentration
- The student will be able to develop specialized skills in management, design, and communication in business and creative industries.