Applied Mathematics & Statistics Major (B.S.)
The purpose of the Applied Mathematics and Statistics major is to provide state of the art mathematics and statistics education for preparing students to enter the mathematics analysis workforce or professional graduate school programs. Through this degree students will be equipped with the skills necessary for careers in data analytics, finance, government, business, and technology contexts. By adding the Actuarial Cognate, students will be highly prepared for actuarial exams, internships, and employment.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Analyze and investigate complex phenomena mathematically.
- Solve problems using appropriate mathematical and statistical expertise.
- Use abstract reasoning to evaluate, formulate and communicate mathematics and statistics concepts.
- Articulate how a biblical worldview informs one's vocation.
- Use appropriate technology to solve problems, access information and develop insight.