Philosophy, Politics, & Economics Major (B.S.)
Students will analyze the philosophical underpinnings of a free society, forecast the financial and economic consequences of cultural trends, then creatively apply those principles to solve contemporary, social, political, economic, and ethical dilemmas.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Discuss ideas that are philosophically foundational for limited constitutional government, free markets, and a political institution best capable of producing a flourishing society.
- Analyze the implications of free religious, cultural, and political institutions for market-based economies.
- Devise alternatives to ideologically derived political and business practices.
- Examine economic phenomena and statistically forecast or predict future outcomes for business practices.
- Examine how a Christian worldview sustains a free society and successful businesses.