Writing Major (B.S.)
Liberty University’s BS in Writing program provides instruction in writing, context, theory, as well as the writing processes which lead to the various mediums of written communication. It prepares students for a wide variety of careers related to writing, technical, professional, or creative writing. Toward this end, the program seeks to:
- develop the necessary curricular offerings and practical opportunities for student achievement in various areas of writing profession; syntactical, rhetorical, technical, critical, and creative features of writing; and a well-developed understanding of the Christian worldview;
- develop strategies for providing students with both curricular and practical opportunities which make the most efficient and effective use of the department’s academic, physical, and budgetary resources; and;
- to provide graduates with the highest quality of professional preparation.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Write grammatically, clearly, and logically.
- Produce a piece that follows the research methods and writing conventions of a given genre or style.
- Analyze whether a text follows the conventions of its given genre or style.
- Evaluate various texts in the context of a Christian worldview.