Urban Education - Graduate Certificate
Important: This degree plan is effective for those starting this degree program in fall 2023 through summer 2024. This degree plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change degree programs, concentrations, or cognates.
This is a non-licensure degree and is not a state approved program. Completion of this certificate will not lead to the eligibility of a VA state teaching license or a teaching license or certificate in any other state. If you would like to be eligible for a VA state teaching license or work through reciprocity guidelines to be eligible for a license or certificate in another state, you must complete one of our state-approved programs. Refer to www.liberty.edu/advisingguide.
|Historical Perspectives in Urban Education
|Urban Schools and Communities
|Choose one of the following:
|Culturally Responsive Teaching
|Research in Urban Education
|The Differentiated Classroom
- Students who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree
- 9 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of D may be applied to the degree (includes grades of D+ & D-)
- Certificate must be completed within 3 years
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date