Alton W. & Lois H. Overton Graduate School of Business
David Brat, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D.
Dean, School of Business
Professor of Business
Stacie Rhodes, B.S., M.S., D.B.A.
Associate Dean, School of Business
Director of Accreditation, Professor of Business
W. Mike Floyd, B.S., M.A.R.
Assistant Dean, School of Business
Associate Professor of Business
A listing of program directors can be viewed on the Program Director webpage.
Liberty University’s School of Business has achieved voluntary accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), demonstrating it has met standards of business education that promote teaching excellence.
Graduate programs that have achieved accredited status include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Doctor of Business Administration
Graduate programs that are candidates for accreditation include:
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Science in Project Management
The sport management degree program(s) at Liberty University have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The sport management programs in the following degrees are accredited by COSMA:
- Master of Science in Sport Management (Residential and Online) with cognates in Sport Administration, Outdoor Adventure Sport, and Tourism
To educate our business students with the values, knowledge, and skills they need in the development of the whole person to enable them to impact their world.
Inherent in this mission are the following fundamental imperatives:
- That all teaching be given within a distinctively Christian worldview.
- That the Word of God be honored as the final authority for life and practice.
- That justice and ethics be exalted within a context of limited government and a free market system in a global economy.
- That all of life’s tasks are sacred and are to be done as unto the Lord.
- That the education process be a collaboration with faculty and staff, helping to transform students into self-sufficient, lifelong learners.
- That course of instruction be designed and delivered to provide our graduates with a competitive advantage as they pursue their chosen careers.
Transfer of Credit
Applicants may transfer coursework based on the program to which they are applying. Please refer to the Transfer Credit Matrix in the Graduate Admissions section of this Catalog for specific hour amounts. In order for a transferred course to replace a Liberty University core course, the following requirements must be met:
- The school at which the course was taken must be appropriately accredited.
- The course credit must be at least three semester hours or five quarter hours.
- The student must have earned a grade of B- or better in the course.
- The course must overlap one of Liberty’s core courses by at least 80%. The course(s) to be transferred must have been completed within 10 years of the start date of the student’s program at Liberty University.
- Credits from a prior degree on the same academic level earned through Liberty University are considered transfer credits.
Courses related to business administration that meet all but criterion #4 above may be transferred in as elective courses. Transfer credit for capstone courses will not be given. Capstone courses include:
|BUSI 690||Policy and Strategy in Global Competition||3|
|BMAL 570||Ethical Leadership||3|
|ACCT 642||Accounting Ethics||3|
|BMIS 690||Integrated Capstone||3|
|MRKT 690||Marketing Strategy Capstone||3|
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organization & Management (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership (D.S.L.)
- Graduate Certificates
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership (M.A.)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Nonprofit Management (M.N.M.)
- Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Cyber Security (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Finance (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Health Informatics (M.S.H.I.)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Information Systems (M.S.I.S.)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (M.S.I.T.)
- Master of Science in Marketing (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Project Management (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Sport Management (M.S.)
- Post Graduate Certificates