School of Communication and the Arts
Scott M. Hayes, B.F.A., M.F.A., Ph.D.
Dean, School of Communication & the Arts
Professor of Theatre Arts
Kevin L. Rawls, B.S., M.A.R., M.B.A., Ph.D.
Associate Dean, School of Communication & the Arts
A listing of program directors can be viewed on the Program Director webpage.
The School of Communication and the Arts offers graduate degrees in order to prepare artists, practitioners, and scholars in the practice and theory of the communication field as well as visual and performing arts.
The faculty may change the requirements for the receipt of the degrees listed, as well as the courses offered, at any time. A student who does not break enrollment will be subject to the graduation requirements of the Catalog at the time of the student's enrollment.
For resident students, a break in enrollment occurs when the student fails to enroll in either the Fall or Spring semesters. For online students, a break in enrollment occurs when the student fails to enroll in at least one course during an academic year. The academic year begins with the start of the fall semester and ends with the conclusion of the summer term. Students who break enrollment must apply for readmission and will be subject to the requirements of the Catalog and degree requirements in effect at the time of their readmission.
- Applied Communication Studies Graduate Certificate
- Communication Executive Certificate
- Communication Strategies for Social Enterprise Graduate Certificate
- Doctor of Philosophy in Communication (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Strategic Media (Ph.D.)
- Fundamentals of Communication Graduate Certificate
- Master of Arts in Communication (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Digital Content (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Human-Centered Design (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Professional Communication (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design (M.A.)
- Master of Fine Arts in Digital Media Production (M.F.A.)
- Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (M.F.A.)
- Master of Fine Arts in Studio Arts (M.F.A.)
- Master of Science in Social Media Management (M.S.)
- Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate
- Strategic Communication Graduate Certificate