Engineering Education 6-12 Major (B.Ed.)
The program is designed for those candidates who desire a four-year bachelor's degree in education that meets the competencies for teacher candidates. The emphases for this major is on the content for the field, as defined by the federal guidelines, state guidelines of the Virginia Department of Education, and national accreditation. The guidelines for this major are subject to change in federal and state regulations or national accreditation for the licensure of specified subjects in grades 6-12/P-12.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Formulate knowledge of learner development, learning difference, and learning environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the discipline area and the application of content to connect concepts and engage learners.
- Plan instruction using multiple methods of assessment and instructional strategies to develop a deep understanding of the content for all learners.
- Develop a Biblical worldview and professional responsibility through ongoing reflection and professional development experiences where opportunities are provided for leadership and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop knowledge, skills and processes of subject area competence necessary to assess, plan, and teach 6-12/P-12 students.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.