Master of Theology (Th.M.)
The Master of Theology degree program will provide additional training beyond the Master of Divinity degree in preparation for full-time Christian service. Through course work, scholarly research, and logical and critical writing, the Th.M. will provide advanced preparation for those called to service in theological education or those planning to pursue degree programs at the doctoral level.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Select and design a scholarly research project.
- Assess alternative views of Scripture and theology.
- Synthesize a personal and biblical systematic theology.
- Defend Christian theology from a biblical perspective.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
In addition to the general admission procedures, the following requirements will govern admission into the Master of Theology program:
- The applicant must have earned a Master of Divinity or its equivalent from an approved institution.
- The applicant must have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale) in the Master of Divinity program. Applicants who do not meet this criterion may be considered for admission on Academic Caution.
- Contact information for one Pastoral Recommendation.
- School of Divinity Questionnaire/Personal Statement
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test).