Master of Arts in Church Planting (M.A.)
Th purpose of the Master of Arts in Church Planting is to help students grow in knowledge, values, and skills in the area of church planting.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Understand a healthy theological foundation for church planting.
- Evaluate the calling and character of a church planter.
- Analyze various church planting contexts, models, and methodologies based on current research, knowledge of the literature of the discipline, and experience in the field.
- Apply church planting skills within a particular context through appropriate professional practice.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
In addition to the general admission procedures, applicants to the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program must meet the following requirements:
- Earned baccalaureate degree or its equivalent (in any field) from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.).
- Contact information for one Pastoral Recommendation
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- School of Divinity Questionnaire/Personal Statement
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper- based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test).