Studio & Digital Arts Major (B.S.)
The purpose of the Studio and Digital Arts major is to strive to prepare students, whether studio art or graphic design, who will:
- Use their professional skills to complement their moral and ethical values;
- Possess both theoretical and historical understanding of studio and digital arts; and
- Make practical application of knowledge in professional and personal contexts as a communicator in the field of visual art.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Critically analyze visual imagery in relation to history and culture;
- Effectively articulate the meaning of visual imagery;
- Visualize, conceptualize, and create visual imagery using traditional and digital materials, media, methods and techniques;
- Integrate a Christian worldview with best practices for creating visual imagery.
Graphic Design Concentration
- The student will be able to implement the principles and techniques of Graphic Design appropriate for industry contexts.
Studio Arts Concentration
- The student will be able to implement the principles and techniques of Studio Art appropriate for industry contexts.