Graphic Design Major (B.F.A.)
The Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is considered the pre-professional degree, allowing students to gain extensive practice-based course work in the field of graphic design.
- Students must submit a portfolio of 10 works for entry.
Online Portfolio Admission Process
Prior to submitting portfolio, students must take the following required courses:
|ARTS 113||Introduction to 2D Design||3|
|ARTS 114||Introduction to 3D Design||3|
|ARTS 211||Drawing I||3|
|ARTS 222||Introduction to Graphic Design||3|
|ARTS 223||Introduction to Typography||3|
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Generate art work utilizing a variety of digital techniques.
- Assess the efficacy of creative work in relation to its context.
- Formulate conceptual solutions through creative projects.
- Create a fundamentally sound body of work that embodies standards of professional presentation.
- Integrate interactive design modalities into effective visual solutions.