Aviation Technology: Flight and Maintenance (B.S.)
The purpose of the Aviation Technology (B.S.) - Flight and Maintenance degree program is to prepare students to serve in aviation organizations as an exceptional pilot and mechanic. Students will gain the knowledge, skills, sound judgment, professionalism, leadership, and strong Christian character you need to succeed. In the School of Aeronautics students also have the opportunity to earn an aircraft maintenance certificate to serve as a mechanic as well as a pilot. Through this degree students will take courses such as Commercial Flight, Aviation Human Factors, and Evangelism & Christian Life. There is a great need for pilots and mechanics with a heart to serve in the mission field as we seek to fulfill the Great Commission.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Apply biblical principles within the professional aviation environment.
- Apply science, technology, and mathematics to aeronautical disciplines.
- Apply written and oral communication skills as they pertain to the aviation industry.
- Mentor others in leadership skills and qualities as it relates to aviation.
- Apply the necessary knowledge and skill for Federal Aviation Administration commercial pilot and mechanic certification.