Camp & Outdoor Adventure Leadership (B.S.)
The major in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership provides an undergraduate degree program for students who desire to gain the knowledge, value and skills that would be needed for providing Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership in a church and para-church vocation.
The purpose of the BS in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership is to equip students with the Biblical foundation and professional skills necessary for the planning, organizing, programming, and marketing strategies needed for a successful career in Christian camping and outdoor adventure ministry programs. In addition, students will develop the ability to evaluate models of camping and outdoor adventure ministry programs and various philosophies of Christian camping.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Articulate/justify essential truths of Christianity.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of sound principles of biblical interpretation.
- Demonstrate the professional skills necessary for planning, organizing, programming, and marketing strategies needed for a successful career in Christian camping and outdoor adventure leadership programs.
- Evaluate models of leadership and programs, as well as various philosophies of Christian camping ministries.
Delivery Format: Residential Only
- Camp Executive Director
- Camp Director
- Camp Assistant Director
- Camp Chief Financial Officer
- Camp Chief Operations Officer
- Ministry Associate
- Camp Development Officer
- Camp Program Director
- Woman’s Camp Director
- Camp Human Resources/ Benefits
- Youth Pastor
- Children’s Camp Director
- Christian Education Director
- Wilderness Guide
- Ministry roles in bi-vocational settings
- International Camp Director
- Para-church Leader
- Camp Facilities and Grounds
- Outdoor Ministry Founder
- Camp Media/ Marketing Ministry