Christian Leadership & Church Ministries Major (B.S.)
The major in Christian Leadership and Church Ministries provides an undergraduate degree program for students who desire Christian leadership development and ministry training in a broader context of the local church, para-church and nonprofit organizations. This degree would help students gain the knowledge, values and skills needed for providing Christian leadership in a church and/or para-church vocation.
The purpose of the BS in Christian Leadership and Church Ministries is to equip students with professional skills in planning, organizing, and developing Christian ministries. In addition, students will develop the ability to evaluate models of leadership, programs, and various philosophies of Christian ministries.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Articulate/justify essential truths of Christianity.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of sound principles of biblical interpretation.
- Demonstrate professional skill in planning, organizing, and developing Christian ministries.
- Evaluate models of leadership and programs, as well as various philosophies of Christian ministries.
- Demonstrate competence in engaging their culture from a biblical worldview of leadership.
Delivery Format: Residential Only
- Ministry Director
- Para-church Leadership
- Ministry roles in bi-vocational settings
- Camp Director
- Children’s Pastor/Director
- Christian Education Director
- Church Administration
- Ministry Associate
- Missionary Pastor
- Senior and Associate Pastor
- Women’s Ministry Director
- Youth Pastor
- Next Generation Pastor
- Media Ministry