Applied Ministry Major (B.S.)
The B.S. in Applied Ministry major prepares individuals for a variety of ministry positions within church and parachurch settings. Careful consideration is given to the influence that the gospel has on life, work and ministry endeavors. The degree takes a three-prong approach in educating its majors in principles of Christian ministry, basic business management, and Christian counseling.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Articulate and biblically justify essential truths of evangelical Christianity.
- Apply key principles, skills and strategies necessary for ministry implementation and management.
- Understand how different fields of study contribute to the work of gospel-centered ministry.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Serve as an administrative pastor giving oversight to various ministry programs and projects
- Work within the local church and provide direction and support to various ministry initiatives
- Provide ministry leadership within parachurch and faith-based organizations
- Work in an array of human and social service fields
- Bring biblical and ministry principles to secular business settings
- Serve in various capacities within non-profit settings