Biblical & Educational Studies Major (B.S.)
The B.S. in Biblical and Educational Studies major prepares individuals for future careers in biblical education within both Christian/private schools and the church setting. The degree maintains a balance of educating its majors in the biblical discipline and the educational principles necessary for planning, organizing, and managing curriculum within a classroom setting.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad base of general and professional knowledge.
- Plan effective instruction and select a variety of strategies based on developmental levels and individual needs in course case studies.
- Demonstrate the understanding of differentiated instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of classroom management to motivate students and maximize learning.
- Demonstrate behaviors of a reflective student and seek opportunities for professional development.
- Articulate and biblically justify essential truths of evangelical Christianity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and content of the Bible.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of sound principles of biblical interpretation.