Medical Office Assistant Certificate
The Certificate in Medical Office Assistant prepares students for a healthcare career path by providing an introduction to the business and administrative aspects of the systems and procedures in the day-to-day operations of a medical office.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Understand systems and procedures, including legal and ethical aspects in medical office practice.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Communicating With Patients
- Coordinating with other Medical Professionals
- Filing Paperwork and Keeping Records
- Handling Medical Coding, Billing, and Insurance Claims
- Working in an Office Environment at a Clinic or Doctor’s Office
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.