Medical Office Assistant Certificate
The Certificate in Medical Office Assistant prepares students for a healthcare career path by providing an introduction to the business and administrative aspects of the systems and procedures in the day-to-day operations of a medical office.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Understand systems and procedures, including legal and ethical aspects in medical office practice.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Communicating with patients
- Coordinating with other medical professionals
- Filing paperwork and keeping records
- Handling medical coding, billing, and insurance claims
- Working in an office environment at a clinic or doctor’s office
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.