Earth Science Education Certificate - Online
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2023 through summer 2024. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
The earth science endorsement is an option for Teachers who desire a dual science endorsement to teach earth science courses in grades 6-12
- Teachers who are already licensed in another science discipline
- Teacher candidates who are enrolled in a teacher preparation program that leads to initial licensure in another science discipline. This certificate provides eligibility for a dual science endorsement, certifying them to teach earth science courses in grades 6-12.
*Endorsement for teacher candidates with a science education major in another discipline
|EDSC 488||Science Lab Practicum in Schools 1||0|
|PHSC 121||Introduction to Astronomy||3|
|PHSC 122||Elements of Astronomy Lab||1|
|PHSC 210||Elements of Earth Science||3|
|PHSC 211||Elements of Earth Science Lab||1|
|PHSC 313||Mineralogy and Petrology||4|
EDSC 488 Science Lab Practicum in Schools (0 c.h.) is a required practicum course that requires a background check; candidates should not plan to take this course in summer sessions.
- 18 total hours
- A minimum of 25% of hours must be completed through Liberty University
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of “D” may be applied to the certificate
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application at beginning of final semester