Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
The Master of Public Administration seeks to equip graduates with a solid understanding of the philosophical and Biblical influences impacting the leadership of public and non-profit organizations. Students are challenged to see how various political and financial factors influence the policy analysis and implementation process. In all of this, students are challenged to operate as Christian statesmen and women to impact their generation and generations to come for the glory of God.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, specific requirements for admission to the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) are as follows:
- Earned baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.).
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper –based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test)
Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be admitted on Academic Caution status. Applicants who hold a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.00 to 2.99 on a 4.00 scale may be eligible for admission on Academic Caution.
Students may transfer up to 18 hours of graduate-level credit from an accredited institution. In order to transfer credit, students must have earned the minimum grade of B-, and courses must have been completed within 10 years of the start date of the student’s program at Liberty University. Credits from a prior degree on the same academic level earned through Liberty University are considered transfer credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Evaluate knowledge of public administration policies.
- Synthesize best practices and research in the public administration context.
- Apply a model of Christian statesmanship to the public administration context.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Business & Government
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Disaster Management
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Fire Administration
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - General
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Healthcare
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Law & Public Policy
- Public Administration (M.P.A.) - Public & Non-Profit Management
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Manager
- Chief Executive
- City/County Manager
- Community Health Worker
- Compliance Manager
- Emergency Management Director
- Emergency Management Specialist
- Emergency Preparedness Administrator
- General and Operations Manager
- Homeland Security Officer
- Investment Fund Manager
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Policy Specialist
- Social and Community Service Manager