Doctor of Law & Policy (D.L.P.)
The purpose of the Doctor of Law and Policy is to train and equip current and aspiring public policy practitioners with a functional and in-depth knowledge of the law to effect sound public policy analysis, design, advocacy, and implementation.
Program Specific Admissions Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, specific requirements for admission to the Doctor of Law and Policy (D.L.P.) are as follows:
- Earned Master's degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.).
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test)
Students may transfer up to 30 hours of graduate-level credit from an accredited institution. In order to transfer credit, students must have earned the minimum grade of B-, and courses must have been completed within seven (7) years of the start date of the student’s program at Liberty University. Credits from a prior degree on the same academic level earned through Liberty University are considered transfer credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the literature in policy analysis and legal research to inform innovative change proposals that integrate legal principles, precedents, and practices and inform public policy goals.
- Synthesize a Christian model of statesmanship that incorporates a Biblical worldview with sound law and public policy analysis and application.
- Conduct independent research and explore practical solutions that can be applied to contemporary challenges facing practitioners in the fields of law and public policy.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Budget analyst
- Legislative aide
- Sustainability consultant
- Policy analyst
- Research scientist
- Intelligence officer
- Urban planner
- Public interest lawyer
- Public Agency Manager
- Management consultant
- Foundation program officer
- Foreign service officer
- Grassroots organizer/advocate
- Elected official
- Election campaign staffer
- Public affairs officer
- Journalist / reporter
- Editorial assistant