Doctor of Criminal Justice (D.C.J.)
The purpose of the Doctor of Criminal Justice is to train and equip law enforcement professionals for senior leadership roles in criminal justice organizations at all levels of government and help them develop and apply practical solutions to today’s law enforcement challenges.
Program Specific Admissions Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, specific requirements for admission to the Doctor of Criminal Justice (D.C.J.) are as follows:
- Earned Master's degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.).
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test)
Students may transfer up to 30 hours of graduate-level credit from an accredited institution. In order to transfer credit, students must have earned the minimum grade of B-, and courses must have been completed within seven (7) years of the start date of the student’s program at Liberty University. Credits from a prior degree on the same academic level earned through Liberty University are considered transfer credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Critique the theories within the fields of criminology, justice policy, and criminal justice administration.
- Construct innovative change proposals to policies that address crime problems.
- Integrate a Christian Worldview into the analysis of crime and crime policy.
- Conduct independent research and explore practical solutions that can be applied to contemporary challenges facing practitioners in the field of criminal justice.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Sheriff and Deputy Sheriffs
- Private Detective and Investigators
- First-Line Supervisor of Police and Detectives
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Police Detective
- Criminal Investigator and Special Agent
- Immigration and Customs Inspector
- Intelligence Analyst
- Compliance Manager
- Security Manager
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Teacher, Postsecondary