Chemistry Major (B.S.)
The purpose of the Chemistry major is to prepare students for graduate school and employment in chemistry.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Apply standards and principles of safe practice in the laboratory or field environment.
- Understand ethical issues in the physical sciences in light of a biblical/Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental chemical concepts.
- Conduct, analyze, and summarize chemical research.
Delivery Format: Residential Only
- Analytical Chemist
- Chemical Laboratory Technician
- Chemical/Pharmaceutical Laboratory Supervisor
- Chemistry Teacher
- Computational/Theoretical Chemist
- Cosmetic Scientist
- Dietary Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
- Forensic Chemist/Scientist
- Government Chemist
- Laboratory Analyst
- Principal Researcher in Chemistry
- Production Chemist
- Quality Assurance Representative
- Regulatory Agent
- Research Assistant
- Scientific Author