Public Health (M.P.H.) - Nutrition
Important: This degree plan is effective for those starting this degree program in fall 2022 through summer 2023. This degree plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change degree programs, concentrations, or cognates.
|HLTH 501||Biostatistics 1||3|
|HLTH 503||Principles of Epidemiology||3|
|HLTH 505||Principles of Environmental Health||3|
|HLTH 507||Public Health Administration||3|
|HLTH 509||Social and Behavioral Theory Applications in Public Health||3|
|HLTH 511||Research Methods in Public Health||3|
|PHGT 510||Public Health Orientation 1||0|
|PHGT 512||Public Health Essay 2||0|
|PHGT 513||Public Health Portfolio 3||0|
|PHGT 514||Public Health Competency Exam 4||0|
Gate 3 - Successful completion of PHGT 513 Public Health Portfolio (0 c.h.)
Gate 4 - Successful completion of PHGT 514 Public Health Competency Exam (0 c.h.) with a passing score of 70% or better. Students have three attempts to take the exam. Failure to pass the exam will result in remediation or dismissal from the program.
|HLTH 640||Principles of Nutrition||3|
|HLTH 642||Food-borne Illness Prevention||3|
|HLTH 643||Nutrition and Chronic Disease||3|
|HLTH 644||Diabetes, Obesity and Eating Disorders||3|
|HLTH 645||Performance Nutrition for the Physically Active||3|
|HLTH 698||Practicum 1,2||3|
Gate 5 - Successful completion of HLTH 698 Practicum (3 c.h.). Contact the Practicum Director for practicum agreement, application, and registration of HLTH 698 Practicum (3 c.h.), which will include 120 field hours and a 16 week practicum course.
Gate 6 - Apply for and meet all requirements for graduation.
|HLTH Elective 1||3|
|HLTH Elective 1||3|
Choose a 500-600 level HLTH course not already applying to the degree. Graduate level courses other than HLTH may be accepted, but only with program approval.
All applicable prerequisites must be met
- Complete 42 hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable, including credit from an earned degree from Liberty University on the same academic level
- 3.0 GPA
- No more than two grades of C may be applied to the degree (includes grades of C+ & C-)
- No grade of D or below may be applied to the degree (includes grades of D+ & D-)
- Degree must be completed within 5 years
- Submission of Degree Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date