Fire Administration Major (B.S.)
The Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration program will prepare professional firefighters and emergency services personnel for advancement and managerial roles and further Liberty University's Mission of preparing champions for Christ. The program will provide the academic foundations for administration and leadership of fire service organizations. Such organizations require capable leaders with advanced administrative skills. The curriculum utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to develop a broad knowledge base that will enhance critical and strategic thinking and thus equip students to become highly qualified leaders in their chosen career field capable of impacting the world.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Evaluate administration and organizational management in fire service settings.
- Analyze human resources and personnel management in fire service organizations.
- Apply principles necessary for fire protection and prevention.
- Integrate Christian World view principles into ethical and legal decision making in a fire service context.
Emergency Management Concentration
- The student will be able to understand how to lead and manage people and resources within an emergency management setting.
Emergency Medical Services Concentration
- The student will be able to understand the risks associated with emergency medical services.
Fire Science Concentration
- The student will be able to comprehend a broad range of fire science concepts and principles.