Computer Science Major (B.S.)
The Computer Science (CS) major is offered by the School of Business with the purpose of developing Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to impact computing-related disciplines in tomorrow’s world.
Students are exposed to the computer science core body of knowledge from a Christian worldview. Equipped with a firm foundation in algorithms and problem solving, they learn to analyze problems and design, implement, and test software solutions. Students also develop a strong background in mathematics to cultivate their reasoning abilities. Faculty help students prepare for a lifetime of service while encouraging undergraduate research and effective application of technology from a Christian worldview.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Conduct best practices in Computer Sciences while maintaining a Christian worldview.
Program Educational Objectives
Our goal is, within a few years of graduating, our Computer Science students will be able to:
- Apply innovation, entrepreneurial activities, and contributions to the discipline of computer science.
- Identify and document requirements, develop designs, as well as implement and validate quality computer science solutions.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous life-long learning.
- Apply leadership skills in obtaining mission objectives and training the workforce.
Delivery Format: Residential Only