Anatomy & Cell Biology (Ph.D.)
Important: This degree plan is effective for those starting this degree program in fall 2019 through summer 2020. This degree plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change degree programs, concentrations, or cognates.
|BIOM 503||Human Genetics||3|
|BIOM 513||Human Gross Anatomy 1||5|
|BIOM 515||Human Physiology 1||5|
|BIOM 600||Biomedical Ethics||3|
|BIOM 610||Human Neurology and Neuroanatomy||3|
|BIOM 613||Human Gross Anatomy II 1||3|
|BIOM 615||Advanced Cell Biology||4|
|BIOM 620||Advanced Immunology||3|
|BIOM 623||Human Developmental Biology||3|
|or BIOM 625||Microbial Pathogenesis and Virology|
|BIOM 630||Principles of Pathology||3|
|BIOM 633||Advanced Histology 1||4|
|Dissertation and Practicum Courses|
|BIOM 700||Anatomy & Cell Biology Seminar 1,2||8|
|BIOM 710||Anatomy & Cell Biology Teaching Practicum 1,3||6|
|BIOM 750||Research Rotation 1,4||2-3|
|BIOM 889||Dissertation Research 1||33|
|BIOM 890||Dissertation Defense 1||1|
This course must be taken in residence.
This course is a 1-credit-hour course that will be required to successfully complete 8 times with different faculty and different topics.
This course is a 1-credit-hour course that will be required to successfully complete 6 times but only twice for the same practicum.
This course is a 1-credit-hour course that is required to take a minimum of 2-3 times with 2-3 different faculty members.
All applicable prerequisites must be met
- Complete 96 hours
- A minimum of 57 hours must be completed through Liberty University, not to include credits from a prior degree earned through Liberty
- A maximum of 39 hours of transfer credit, including credit from a degree on the same academic level previously earned through Liberty, may be applied to the degree
- 3.0 GPA
- No grades lower than B- may be applied to the degree
- Degree must be completed within 5 years
- Submission of Degree Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student's anticipated graduation date