Master of Science in Aeronautics (M.S.)
The Master of Science in Aeronautics is a graduate program that equips aviation professionals for leading and teaching in the aerospace community. The M.S. Aeronautics degree with Aviation Education cognate prepares students who desire higher learning in aviation education and training. The program includes an up-to-date investigation and application of aviation training technologies and methodologies. Graduates of the program will be well prepared for careers in collegiate aviation higher education as educators and administrators, and in industries focused on aviation training program development. The Aviation Safety cognate prepares students for specialized roles as safety systems experts for the aerospace industry. The Aviation Leadership cognate prepares students for higher levels of leadership within the aerospace industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply biblical principles to the professional aerospace environment.
- Evaluate aviation safety and the impact of human factors on safety.
- Communicate effectively, using both written and oral communication skills.
- Apply relevant knowledge and critical thinking to identify and solve aerospace problems.
- Evaluate ethical situations and make appropriate decisions.
Program Specific Admissions Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, graduation from the M.S. in Aeronautics requires:
- Earned baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.)
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale)
- TOEFL (if applicable)
Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may be admitted on Academic Caution status.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Aviation trainer/educator
- Aviation education administrator
- Aviation training services course developer
- Aviation regulations consultant
- Airport manger
- FAA safety inspector
- Airline safety program manager
- Aircraft manufacturer safety program manager
- Aircraft manufacturer manager
- Military senior leadership
- Any role within airlines and aviation companies with higher levels of responsibility