Electrical Engineering Major (B.S.)
The Electrical Engineering degree is designed to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to positively influence electrical engineering-related industries in the current and evolving economy. The program prepares graduates for the thoughtful integration of work and life and to view the Electrical Engineering profession as a lifelong commitment to serving others.
Engineering Program Learning Outcomes
The student will demonstrate:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Program Educational Objectives
Our goal is, within a few years of graduating, our Electrical Engineering students will be able to:
- Integrate creativity, ethics, faith and profession consistent with Christian principles.
- Continually improve and learn in an ever-changing technologically-advancing culture.
- Understand and solve problems in an efficient and effective manner based on requirements.
- Listen with an open mind and communicate effectively as a team member across various audiences and platforms (e.g., oral, written, visual).
- Produce validated, quality work within acceptable tolerances and adhere to appropriate codes and standards.
- Attain relevant, specific certifications and licensures.