Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Post Graduate Certificate
The Post Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner prepares nurse practitioners with a commitment to Christian ethical standards to provide mental health care services across the lifespan.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Provide integrated mental health care including substance use, and co-morbid physical and mental disorders through screening, assessment diagnosis, treatment/management for clients across the lifespan.
- Lead interprofessional collaborative practice initiatives to provide mental health care services, advocacy, and policy to promote awareness of mental healthcare disorders and illnesses to improve client safety and quality of care.
- Utilize technology and information literacy to apply a scientific foundation to professional mental healthcare practice.
- Integrate the Christian world view into ethical standards to deliver mental health care to diverse populations.
Admission Standards for Post – Graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program include:
- Complete a Graduate School Admission Application form.
- Graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Earned Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Doctorate Degree with specialty as nurse practitioner: population foci such as family, pediatrics, acute, and adult/geriatrics.
- Current, unencumbered RN license issued in an approved state. Please submit a copy of your RN license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current, unencumbered APRN Nurse Practitioner license issued in an approved state. Please submit a copy of your APRN license to email@example.com.
- If a past sanction or disciplinary action exists on a professional license, the applicant may be contacted by the Nursing Admissions Review Committee for further explanation.
- Verification of professional certification as an advanced practice nurse (Nurse Practitioner): submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GPA 3.0 or above in all previous graduate course work.
- Official Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- Writing Sample (not to exceed 3000 words) – A document discussing introduction world-view, professional experience goals and vision.
- TOEFL if applicable.
- CPR Certification American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers with AED.
- One reference contact
- Background check and drug screen.
- Immunization/Physical Exam Form.
- Ability to meet Essential Attributes Requirements.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Behavioral Health Clinics
- Correctional Facilities
- General Practitioners’ Offices
- Inpatient or Outpatient Psychiatric Facilities
- Mental Health Agencies
- Veteran Psychiatric Facilities
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.