Master of Music in Performance (M.M.)
The purpose of the Master of Music in Performance degree is to train students at the highest levels of musical performance, while equipping students to parlay their talents into financially viable careers, and instilling in them a deep sense of calling and purpose as it relates to the advancement of the kingdom of God.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Combine mastery of the voice or instrument with artistic expression in musical performance.
- Integrate knowledge from two or more musical disciplines (such as literature, pedagogy, theory, arranging, conducting, technology, or worship) into the philosophy and practice of musical performance.
- Synthesize the principles and values of the professional musician with a Christian worldview.
Program Specific Admission Procedures
In addition to the general admission procedures, applicants to the Master of Arts in Music Education must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of an earned baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education e.g., SACSCOC, TRACS, ABHE, etc.).
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale). Applicants who do not meet this requirement may be considered for enrollment in the program on a cautionary basis. The cautionary range will begin at a GPA of 2.5 through 2.99.
- TOEFL Scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper –based test; 250 computer-based test, 80 internet-based test).
- Audition (required)
Transfer students will be required to submit transcripts for evaluation as per the normal process established by the University. Students may transfer up to 18 hours of coursework from an accredited institution. In order to be eligible for transfer, course work must have a minimum grade of B-, and must have been completed within the past 10 years. Credits from a prior degree on the same academic level earned through Liberty University are considered transfer credits.