Commercial Music Major (B.S.)
The B.S. in Commercial Music degree is designed to train musicians to engage vocationally in the commercial music world with Christ-honoring worldview and broad skills in performance, technology, music production, and commercial musicianship.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical fluency, expressiveness, and professionalism in commercial music performance.
- Demonstrate broad-based knowledge of commercial music style, music literature, and music theory.
- Apply music technology to various commercial music contexts.
- Integrate Christian faith into the discipline of commercial music.
Delivery Format: Residential and Online
This degree provides a broad overview of commercial music skills foundational for the student who wishes to pursue further career opportunities in the commercial music field. Student career interests may include the following:
- Music producer
- Music arranger
- Music editor
- Commercial music teacher
- Social media music specialist
- Music publicist
- Sound engineer
- Entry into studio production
- Entry into game audio production
- Entry into film music production