Paralegal Studies Major (B.S.)
The purpose of the Paralegal Studies program is to train students to support attorneys in legal practice with Christian character and a strong work ethic. The program exists to equip individuals for a career in the legal realm with a superior education in fidelity to the Christian faith expressed through the Holy Scriptures. Students should be inspired to excel in their profession while adhering to the perspective that shaped the Western legal tradition.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in legal research and writing skills as required in the legal field.
- Integrate ideas from various sources and courses and communicate those ideas using computer skills and/or oral communication skills.
- Critically analyze and process legal issues based on foundational legal principles.
- Demonstrate broad-based knowledge of the U.S. Constitution, the federal and state court systems, and legal processes, both civil and criminal.
- Evaluate legal issues from a distinctively Christian worldview as well as understand and apply ethics as it relates to paralegal studies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a specialized area of law.