Speech Education - Resident
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2020 through summer 2021. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
Teachers who wish to add on an endorsement to teach speech courses in grades 6-12.
Teachers who to wish serve as faculty sponsor for school speech team, speech competition, or other related extracurricular activities.
- Teachers who are already licensed in any subject area
- Teacher candidates who are enrolled in a teacher preparation program that leads to initial licensure in any subject area
|SCOM 201||Public Speaking||3|
|SCOM 315||Narrative, Story-telling and Performance||3|
|SCOM 455||Communication Theory||3|
|SCOM 460||Communication in the Marketplace||3|
|SCOM 465||Rhetorical Theory and Criticism||3|
Choose any 100-400 level course not already required by the Certificate
- 18 total hours
- All courses must be completed through Liberty University
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of “D” may be applied to the certificate
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student's anticipated graduation date