Journalism Education Certificate - Resident & Online
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2022 through summer 2023. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
Teachers who wish to add on an endorsement to teach journalism courses in grades 6-12.
Teachers who to wish serve as faculty sponsor for school yearbook, school newspaper, or other related extracurricular activities.
- Teachers who are already licensed in any subject area
- Teacher candidates who are enrolled in a teacher preparation program that leads to initial licensure in any subject area
|DIGI 190||Media Industry Ethics||3|
|or JOUR 356||Social Media Writing|
|DIGI 220||Writing for Media||3|
|or JOUR 225||Media Writing|
|JOUR 354||News Writing and Reporting II||3|
|or WRIT 400||Editing for Publishing|
|JOUR 374||Writing and Editing for Digital Magazine and Features||3|
|or STCO 307||Strategic Communication|
|JOUR 485||Investigative Reporting||3|
|or WRIT 403||Technical Writing|
Choose any 100-400 level course not already required by the Certificate
- 18 total hours
- A minimum of 25% of hours must be completed through Liberty University
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of “D” may be applied to the certificate
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student's anticipated graduation date