Spanish Major (B.A.)
Liberty University’s Spanish program exists to equip candidates to communicate in Spanish at a high level of proficiency in a wide variety of contexts with native Spanish speakers or to pursue advanced study in the field. Toward this end, the program seeks:
- to develop the necessary curricular offerings and practical opportunities for student achievement in the areas listening, speaking, reading, writing, and culture;
- to develop strategies for providing students with both curricular and practical opportunities which make the most efficient and effective use of the department’s academic, physical, and budgetary resources; and
- to provide graduates with the highest quality of both professional preparation and professional accreditation and licensure.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Critique, analyze, and interpret authentic Spanish language texts.
- Analyze Hispanic culture and its various expressions in terms of a biblical worldview.
- Communicate orally in Spanish, demonstrating listening comprehension skills, speaking proficiency, correct grammar, and appropriate vocabulary.
- Demonstrate written communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, logical, and grammatically and syntactically appropriate Spanish-language compositions.
- Evaluate Hispanic cultural practices and perspectives within a broad political, social, and historical framework.