Three certificates in Health Science corresponding to the current concentration areas in the Master of Public Health degree are available to students wanting to broaden their understanding of an additional concentration area or explore a particular concentration area without obtaining an MPH degree.
Please refer to the Admissions Requirements Matrix for Certificates in the Graduate Admissions section of this Catalog.
Delivery Format: Residential and Online
Graduate Certificate in Epidemiology
By learning about the field of epidemiology, you can prepare for a career in public health with a specialty in one of the following areas:
- Chronic diseases
- Environmental health
- Infectious diseases
- Maternal health
- Mental health
- Public health emergency response
- Substance abuse
Graduate Certificate in Global Health
- Entry-level job in hospitals, community health centers, public health agencies, nonprofits, and missions.
- Other opportunities might exist in community-based agencies, tribal organizations or government agencies.
Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion
- Career in health advocacy
- Health Agency Manager
Graduate Certificate in Nutrition
- Health educator
- Nutrition coach
- Sports nutrition specialist