School Administration & Supervision - Executive Certificate
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2022 through summer 2023. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
The license earned through this certificate program is approved by the Virginia Department of Education and may be approved and/or reciprocated by other states per this State Approvals website: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. Upon completion of the certificate plan, candidates who meet the requirements below may add on the Administration & Supervision license to their initial educator license.
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Standard renewable educator license as a teacher or school counselor.
- Employment experience as a licensed educator.
- Passing score on relevant licensure exams.
|Administration & Supervision Core Courses|
|EDAS 740||Leadership Principles and Ethics||3|
|EDAS 741||Theories of Educational Leadership||3|
|EDAS 742||Educational Leadership and Public Relations||3|
|EDAS 743||Executive Leadership in Curriculum and Instruction||3|
|EDAS 747||Advanced Educational Law||3|
|EDAS 748||School District Finance and Organizational Management||3|
|EDGT 689||School of Education Gate 1 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|EDGT 691||School of Education Gate 2 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|EDGT 692||School of Education Gate 3 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|Field Experience Courses|
|EDAS 588||Practicum I – School Administration||0|
|EDAS 688||Practicum II – School Administration||0|
- Students who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree
- 21 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 3.0 GPA
- No grade lower than a B- may be applied to the certificate
- Certificate must be completed within 5 years
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date