School Administration & Supervision - Graduate Certificate
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2021 through summer 2022. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
The license earned through this certificate program is approved by the Virginia Department of Education and may be approved and/or reciprocated by other states per this State Approvals website: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. Upon completion of the certificate plan, candidates who meet the requirements below may add on the Administration & Supervision license to their initial educator license.
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Standard renewable educator license as a teacher or school counselor.
- Employment experience as a licensed educator.
- Passing score on relevant licensure exams.
|Administration & Supervision Core Courses|
|EDAS 640||School Administration||3|
|EDAS 641||Supervision of Instruction||3|
|EDAS 645||Foundations for Educational Leaders||3|
|EDAS 646||School-Community Relations||3|
|EDAS 647||School Law||3|
|EDAS 648||School Finance and Management||3|
|EDGT 689||School of Education Gate 1 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|EDGT 691||School of Education Gate 2 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|EDGT 692||School of Education Gate 3 – Graduate Advanced Licensure||0|
|Field Experience Courses|
|EDAS 588||Practicum I – School Administration||0|
|EDAS 688||Practicum II – School Administration||0|
- Students who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree
- No course substitutions allowed in the certificate
- 21 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of D may be applied to the degree (includes grades of D+ & D-)
- Certificate must be completed within 5 years
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date