Middle Grades - Graduate Certificate
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2022 through summer 2023. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
This is a non-licensure degree and is not a state-approved program. Completion of this degree will not lead to the eligibility of a VA state teaching license or a teaching license or certificate in any other state. If you would like to be eligible for a VA state teaching license or work through reciprocity guidelines to be eligible for a license or certificate in another state, you must complete one of our state-approved programs (MAT for initial licensure or M.Ed. Administration & Supervision, Reading Specialist, or Math Specialist for advanced licensure). Refer to www.liberty.edu/advisingguide.
|EDUC 601||Professional Development in Middle Grades Education||3|
|EDUC 602||Young Adolescents, Schools and Communities||3|
|EDUC 635||Teaching Science in the Middle School||3|
|or EDUC 637||Teaching Social Studies in the Middle School|
- Students who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree
- 9 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of D may be applied to the degree (includes grades of D+ & D-)
- Certificate must be completed within 3 years
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date