Gifted Education - Graduate Certificate
Important: This certificate plan is effective for those starting in the fall 2020 through summer 2021. This certificate plan will remain in effect for students who do not break enrollment or who do not change certificates.
Upon completion of this program, candidates with an initial license are eligible for an Add-On Endorsement in Gifted Education.
|EDGL 526||Identification and Education of the Gifted Learner||3|
|EDGL 619||Supporting the Social, Emotional, and Guidance Needs of the Gifted||3|
|EDGL 620||Curriculum and Methods for Teaching Gifted Learners 1,2||3|
|EDGL 627||Program Design and Services in Gifted Education||3|
Course should not be taken in the summer
Candidates seeking the Add-On Endorsement in Gifted Education should take EDGL 598 Field Experience Practicum (0 c.h.) as a co-requisite withEDGL 620 Curriculum and Methods for Teaching Gifted Learners (3 c.h.)
- Candidates who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree
- 12 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 2.0 GPA
- No grade of D may be applied to the degree (includes grades of D+ & D-)
- Certificate must be completed within 3 years
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s anticipated graduation date