The School of Education offers graduate certificates in several areas of study through Liberty University Online.
Please refer to the Admissions Requirements Matrix for Certificates in the Graduate Admissions section of this Catalog.
Certificate Completion Requirements
- A minimum of 9 total hours (the Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education requires 12 hours, and the Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction and the Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration both require 21 hours).
- All courses must be completed through Liberty University.
- 2.00 GPA
- No grade of D (includes grades of D+ & D-) may be applied to the certificate.
- For information regarding the repeat policy, please refer to “Course Repeat Policy” in the Academic Information and Policies section of this Catalog.
- Certificate must be completed within 3 years.
- Submission of Certificate Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student's anticipated graduation date.
Note: Students who want to apply certificate courses to a graduate degree program will have to abide by the GPA and grade requirements of that degree program.
Delivery Format: Online Only
- Autism Education - Graduate Certificate
- Curriculum & Instruction - Executive Graduate Certificate
- Educational Technology & Online Instruction - Graduate Certificate
- Gifted Education - Graduate Certificate
- Higher Education Administration - Executive Graduate Certificate
- Middle Grades - Graduate Certificate
- Preschool - Graduate Certificate
- School Leadership - Graduate Certificate